Actionable Solutions for Washington, D.C.
View Upcoming Meeting Details
The 21st Century Council identifies major policy issues then formulates solutions for the consideration of Congress and the Administration.
The Council’s Executive Committee consists of business leaders, academics, labor representatives, policy advocates and community leaders who are actively engaged in identifying, exploring and researching major national policy issues.
We publish an Annual Report of recommendations to be distributed to the President of the United States, his Administration, and the U.S. Congress. These recommendations examine a variety of issues that affect the nation:
- Communications & Technology
- Energy, Environment & Conservation
- Financial Services
- Healthcare/ Nutrition
- Sports & Entertainment
- Transportation & Infrastructure
We meet quarterly as an Executive Committee, with an annual meeting held in South Carolina. Members divide into small issue centered committees according to their areas of expertise, and draft recommendations with supporting language. The Executive Committee as a whole then develops consensus to ensure all viewpoints are represented and analyzed from a widely diverse perspective.
Executive Committee members may also host a Conversation Series event throughout the year to present vital issues to members of Congress. The host targets a topic of interests and invites up to 5 industry guests. The Council provides food and space for the event, and also organizes distribution to members of Congress and Executive Committee Members.
Due to the popularity and limited number of Conversation Series events, they are held on a first-come, first served basis.
We operate through three key values that guide everything we do:
- Consensus. The solutions we present to policymakers conclusively represent the ideas of all our members. Challenges to the solutions we present are worked out internally among the group.
- Diversity. We operate in a synergistic environment. The Council appreciates and encourages all viewpoints, in the belief that such diversity creates a better final product.
- Trust. We work in cooperation with each other to achieve our goals. While debate is encouraged, our forum is not adversarial.
Should you have any additional questions about the Council or its memberships, please contact the Council by phone at (571) 384-7140 or by email email@example.com.
There are two Membership tiers:
Platinum Membership – $25,000
- Membership on the 21st Century Council Platinum Committee.
- Two (2) seats on the Council’s Executive Committee.
- Attendance for four (4) at each quarterly meeting.
- Opportunity to participate in panel during a quarterly meeting.
- Host a policy discussion at the CBCI townhouse event for no additional fee.
General Membership – $15,000
- One (1) seat on the Council’s Executive Committee.
- Attendance for one (1) at each quarterly meeting.
- Host a policy discussion at the CBCI townhouse event for a fee (fee may be paid by multiple member organizations.)