Actionable Solutions for Washington, D.C.
The Council consists of business leaders, academics, labor representatives, policy advocates and community leaders who are actively engaged in identifying, exploring, and researching major national policy issues.
We publish an Annual Report of recommendations to be distributed to the President of the United States, his Administration, and the U.S. Congress. These recommendations examine a variety of issues to include:
- Communications & Technology
- Energy, Environment & Conservation
- Financial Services
- Healthcare/ Nutrition
- Sports & Entertainment
- Transportation & Infrastructure
We meet quarterly as an Executive Committee, with an annual first quarter meeting held in South Carolina. Members divide into small issue-centered committees according to their areas of expertise, and draft recommendations with supporting language. The Executive Committee as a whole then develops consensus to ensure all viewpoints are represented and analyzed from a widely diverse perspective.
Executive Committee members may also host a policy discussion throughout the year to present vital issues to members of Congress. The host targets a topic of interests and invites up to 5 industry guests. The Council provides food and space for the event and also organizes distribution to members of Congress and Executive Committee Members.
We operate through three key values that guide everything we do:
- Consensus The solutions we present to policymakers conclusively represent the ideas of all our members. Challenges to the solutions we present are worked out internally among the group.
- Diversity We operate in a synergistic environment. The Council appreciates and encourages all viewpoints, in the belief that such diversity creates a better final product.
- Trust We work in cooperation with each other to achieve our goals. While debate is encouraged, our forum is not adversarial.